What is PoE?
PoE is short for Power over Ethernet and is a technology that lets network cables carry electrical power.
Nova Flex has been tested and proven to be compatible with both Molex and Igor PoE systems.
Below are many advantages to using PoE in your projects…
- Time and Cost Savings – by reducing the time and expense of having electrical power cabling installed. Network cables do not require a qualified electrician to fit them and can be located anywhere.
- Flexibility – without being tethered to an electrical outlet, devices such as IP cameras and wireless access points can be located wherever they are needed most and re-positioned easily if required.
- Safety – POE delivery is intelligent, and designed to protect network equipment from overload, under-powering, or incorrect installation.
- Reliability – POE power comes from a central and universally compatible source, rather than a collection of distributed wall adapters. It can be backed-up by an uninterruptible power supply or controlled to easily disable or reset devices.
- Scalability – having power available on the network means that installation and distribution of network connections is simple and effective.
Our Design Series & Pro Series integrate with PoE building automation systems. These systems are commonly used in large office buildings or high-end residential projects where universal control is desired.
Below are the compatible products…
Want to learn more about PoE? Click Here to watch a recorded webinar.